Don't like ads?
Automated ads help us pay our journalists, servers, and team. Support us by becoming a member today to hide all automated ads:
An RCMP raid is underway this morning, with four arrests made thus far in a pre-dawn raid on the the 39 kilometre mark of the Morice Forest Service Road. The RCMP are presumably now on their way to raid the camp at the 44 kilometre mark, and then to the Unist'ot'en camp and healing centre beyond that.
For the past weeks, journalist Jerome Turner has been covering the standoff on Wet'suwet'en territory. Here's a video he made about what daily life in the Unist'ot'en camp is like.
- A primer on legal issues
- RCMP says helicopters can go into Wet’suwet’en territory but cannot bring passengers
- RCMP denies restricting air traffic into Wet’suwet’en territory, but local companies say otherwise
- In the path of the RCMP: An interview with Sabina Dennis
- Crossing the RCMP checkpoint on Wet’suwet’en territory
- Why having a journalist on the ground at Unist’ot’en matters
You might also be interested in...
The Dirty Dozen: ‘Carbon bombs’ threaten to blow up Canada’s climate commitments
November 22, 2022
Canada must lead the way by imposing a windfall tax on oil and gas profits
January 20, 2023
How fossil fuel companies push disinformation through media campaigns
January 9, 2023