Ricochet media is a bilingual, independent and primarily crowdfunded media outlet, launched in October 2014 after an initial crowdfunder raised over $80,000 in the spring. As part of our expansion plans we’re seeking to hire a part-time professional fundraiser in the Vancouver area starting at 8-10 hours per week, with the potential to increase based on performance.
Compensation will be both hourly and performance based. Both compensation and performance targets are negotiable depending on the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
The fundraiser will meet pre-negotiated performance targets in regard to total funds raised quarterly and annually by focusing on the following areas:
- Advertisement sales: Develop marketing strategies adapted to the needs of the organization, recruit new advertisers, and ensure retention of existing ones;
- Outreach: Identify opportunities to increase the visibility of the enterprise, and build relationships with potential sources of institutional funding, including unions, community-based organizations, NGOs, and foundations;
- Strategic planning: Develop strategic planning targets alongside the board to encourage new or increased contributions;
- Other: Perform any and all other tasks required to secure institutional funding for the publication, which may include grant writing, event planning, and membership development.
Working under the supervision of the Board of Directors, the fundraiser will submit weekly progress reports.
- University or college diploma in an area such as marketing, advertising, or communications, or equivalent experience and contacts;
- Mastery of English, along with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to network and forge positive relationships with supporters;
- Self-motivation to work independently and productively under minimal supervision;
- Capacity to collaborate with volunteer editors and board members located across the country;
- Residence in the Vancouver area;
- Flexibility with work hours.
- Experience in advertising sales;
- Understanding of Canada's media landscape;
- A deep understanding of social media and marketing 2.0 strategies;
- Contact network in Canada.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter explaining relevant experience, contacts, and why they would be the best fit for this position, along with a resume, to email@example.com. The deadline for applications is midnight on January 31, 2016.
Ricochet encourages applications from members of equity-seeking groups such as persons with differing abilities, Indigenous people, people of colour, and LGBTQ people.